Call Today! 407-218-6265
Driving With Suspended License Questions
Criminal Law in Orlando and throughout Central Florida
What are traffic violations?
Traffic violations in Florida include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving with a suspended license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Traffic accidents
How many points will be put on my driver’s license?
In Florida, the number of points will depend on the specific violation:
- 3 points for a moving violation
- 3 points for speeding less than 15 mph over the speed limit
- 4 points for driving 15 mph or more over the speed limit
- 4 points for a moving violation resulting in an accident
- 4 points for passing a stopped school bus
- 4 points for reckless driving
- 4 points for not stopping at a signal
- 6 points for leaving the scene of an accident
- 6 points for speeding that caused an accident
If you accrue a certain number of points, your license may be suspended. At the Umansky Law Firm, our experienced defense attorneys can determine if you have any alternatives to having these points added to your license.
Will my license be suspended because of my points?
Your license can be suspended for:
- 30 days if you accumulate 12 points within a year
- 3 months if you have 18 points within 18 months
- 1 year for 24 points accumulated in 36 months
What does it mean if I am designated as a habitual traffic offender?
You can receive an HTO designation following certain convictions – such as DUI, leaving the scene of an accident or driving on a suspended license – that occur within a five-year period. When this happens, your license will be suspended for five years. If you drive with a suspended license while under HTO status, you can be charged with a felony, and you may face jail time and steep fines.
Will traffic school prevent my traffic violation from affecting my record?
In some cases, you may be able to have a violation removed from your record if you successfully complete traffic school. This option is dependent on the specific violation and your driving record. Our experienced Orlando traffic violation lawyers can help you determine if this is the best option for your case.
How can the Umansky Law Firm help me?
If you are facing a traffic violation charge, the legal process can be confusing. As traffic violation attorneys, we have lengthy experience and expertise in this process, and we can help you by looking out for your best interest. Whether you are a first-time offender or have a record of past offenses, we will work to reduce the severity of the charges.
If you have been charged with a traffic offense, please contact the experienced Orlando, Florida criminal defense lawyers at Umansky Law Firm to schedule a free and confidential consultation.