Call Today! 407-218-6265
Probation Violation Lawyer
Criminal Law in Orlando and throughout Central Florida
Orlando residents and visitors who are placed on probation must follow special conditions to satisfy probation requirements.
At The Umansky Law Firm we understand how certain situations can severely limit your freedom. If you’ve been charged with a probation violation, an experienced Central Florida Probation Lawyer can help you maneuver through the legal process.
The conditions necessary for a probationary period can be stringent, and violations are not to be taken lightly. Contact our Central Florida Probation Lawyers to help after a probation, administrative probation, drug offense probation, community control, or electronic monitoring violation charge.
Probation violations can include:
- Failure to report to probation officer at required time/date
- Removal of electronic monitoring
- Failure to pass drug testing
- Violation of restraining orders or location restrictions
- Failure to attend required classes or counseling
- Violation of driving restrictions
- Failure to pay required fines or court costs
- Failure to appear
- Failure to comply with any probation conditions
- Possession of illegal substances
- Being arrested or charged with a crime
Contact us today about your Probation case!
A probation violation is comparatively easy to prosecute. A successful defense requires strategy
There is no requirement of “guilty beyond a reasonable doubt” standard in probation violation cases. If you are suspected of a violation, your probation officer will submit an affidavit to the judge who can sign a warrant for your arrest. A violation or bond hearing is scheduled and you may be held in jail until that time. There is no jury trial - you will face a judge who then examines facts to determine if a violation occurred, and what the corresponding punishment should be.
When you stand up in front of the judge, will you feel secure in your defense? Representation by an experienced Orlando Probation Violation Lawyer may be the difference. Lawyers at The Umansky Law Firm represent clients charged with probation violations, protecting your rights, pushing for a reasonable bond, and disputing questionable violation allegations.
Orlando probation lawyers William Umansky, Zahra Umansky, and Gary Schwartz assist those accused of felony or misdemeanor probation violations.
Orlando residents, tourists, and juveniles found guilty of probation violations may face a variety of consequences, including:
- Loss of Driving Privilege if convicted of certain crimes
- Being convicted of a crime where the judge previously deferred or withheld adjudication
- Revocation by the court and imposition of any sentence which it might have imposed before placing the offender on probation, including jail or prison time
- Payment of the cost of supervision to the state of Florida,
- Payment of restitution, court costs and fines, and
- Public service and various types of treatment.
Our Orlando probation violation defense team represents clients in Orange, Seminole, Brevard, Lake, Polk, Osceola, Volusia, and Hillsborough counties, and in the communities of Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Longwood, Sanford, Kissimmee, Celebration, Windermere, Altamonte Springs, Ocoee, Oviedo, Avalon Park, Stoneybrook, East Orlando, Christmas, Bithlo, Baldwin Park, Thorton Park, Downtown Orlando, Winter Garden, Oakland, Lake Nona, Tuscawilla, Hunter Creek including school communities like University of Central Florida, UCF, Rollins, Valencia Community College, Full Sail, Motorcycle Mechanics Institute, etc.
Call or email The Umansky Law Firm today. We’re ready to meet with you for a free initial consultation, DAY OR NIGHT.